Friday, July 16, 2010

A Framework for Science Education

Came across this draft of "A Framework for Science Education" from The National Academies. I'm still skimming through it on my work breaks, but so far - good stuff! I've always thought our K-12 education system needed some revamping, with more focus on critical thinking skills. So far these recomendations are in line with changes I would like to see made. I'll post an update if I come across something I disagree with and any comments I have for their earth science topic recommendations.
Web page:
Conceptual Framework for New Science Education Standards

Document:
A Framework for Science Education

They also have a brief survey to take if you are interested in providing feedback.

1 comment:

Sweatha Sanjana said...

A Tribute to Theatre
The Murugan Theatre. It is one of the theatres in Thiruthangal, a small town near the famous industrial town of Sivakasi in Tamil Nadu. The small town had three theatres in those days (1980s). Chinnaknai Theatre was in the northern corner of the town and Balaji Talkies was at the other end, in the southern corner

We proud inviting you to the the internet's best Social community. www.jeejix.com .